Work Locations: IHMML 1688 Foster’s Way, Delta, BC, V3M 6S6 / IHMML 12, ave. Comeau Avenue, Atholville, NB, E3N 4G2
Reports to: Divisional Manager (RPIC)
Status of position: Full-time
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting directly to the Divisional Manager (RPIC) at IHMML Delta, the Administrative Assistant enhances the effectiveness of the Divisional Manager and the management team by providing professional, multi-skilled and effective administrative support. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for managing information and documentation by compiling, verifying, recording and processing forms and documents, such as applications, licenses and permits, contracts, registrations and requisitions in accordance with established procedures, guidelines and schedules. He/she will be the first line of contact with internal and external clients and staff, responding to requests of a complex and confidential nature and aligning responses to the strategic goals of the organization.
The Administrative Assistant is a team player who excels at planning, organizing, and delivering the tasks at hand and who assists the management team in achieving its objectives in accordance with IHMML policies and procedures.
• Advanced knowledge of general administrative practices and procedures.
• Ability to anticipate, organize and prioritize important and competing items, meetings and requests.
• Ability to research, analyze and synthesize information from various sources.
• Ability to use MS Office suite products (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
• Ability to draft correspondence.
• Ability to proof-read and edit documents and correspondence.
• Ability to demonstrate discretion, tact and sound judgment, especially when reviewing sensitive or confidential information and determining the appropriate course of action.
• Advanced knowledge of ACMPR, Employee Regulations and Security protocols.
• Focused, dedicated profession approach with high attention to detail.
• Always maintain professional and friendly attitude.
• Works well alone and in a team environment.
• Effective communication and documentation skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Producing information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
• Managing and maintaining electronic and physical filing tracking system for incoming documents (drawings, specifications, etc.).
• Ensuring document control procedures are followed and information is current and accessible.
• Preparing correspondence, reports, presentations, and managing appointment/meeting schedules.
• Reading, researching, and routing correspondence.
• Collecting and analyzing information.
• Organizing meetings including sending meeting planners, booking meeting space, and organizing catering.
• Recording and distributing minutes of meetings.
• Make travel arrangements, prepare expense reports, order and maintain office supplies.
• Placing and expediting orders for supplies and verifying receipt.
• Tracking and coordinating service requests.
• Entering requisitions for purchase orders.
• Working with suppliers on purchase orders, invoices, service calls, and other inquiries.
• Assisting the department with special projects as they develop from time to time.
• Other duties as assigned by RPIC.
• College degree in Office Administration or related discipline/relevant.
• 2 to 4 years’ experience.
• Bookkeeping experience is an asset.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Good organizational and time managements skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to learn new technology.
• Proven document and information management skills.
• Strong ability to adapt to change.
• Committed to continuous learning.
• Ability to act with tact, good judgment, and discretion; sensitivity to confidential matters is required.
• Professional demeanor, a positive attitude and customer focused approach.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Security Clearance: Security Clearance may be requested for this position.
Working Hours: Salaried Position – Monday – Friday, 8 am – 5 pm.
Physical Requirements: N/A